Hi *,

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 7:45 PM Mihkel Tõnnov <mihhkel@gmail.com> wrote:

Christian Lohmaier (<lohmaier+ooofuture@googlemail.com>), 30. september 2019 kell 16:02:

What about batch *up*loading? If there's no way for that in Weblate, I see two possibilities,
neither of which is exactly good:
a) committing the files to GitHub directly - but won't they then get overwritten again by
whatever is on Weblate?

They wouldn't get overridden by weblate, rather weblate would error
out with a merge error that I would then have to fix, and I'd rather
tend to avoid that :-)

b) removing Estonian from Weblate and committing to GitHub directly - but then there's no easily
accessible public overview of the state of things.
How is this solved for the few other teams who translate offline?

Thats even worse, then you wouldn't get the sanity-checks done by
weblate and similar and likely will mess with my process of updating
templates and committing to source again as well.

but there's option
 c) for those projects really wanting to upload all at once: use the
weblate client program and use a script to automate the upload using
the API:
https://docs.weblate.org/en/weblate-3.8/wlc.html

There is literally no fluctuation in my team, only me :) / :(
The reason for asking is that in Pootle I have set that any (not necessarily even logged in)
users can make suggestions, in case someone finds an error in translation or has an improvement
idea. This possibility has also been used a few times. If this can be set up like this also in
Weblate by Sophie or anyone else, then fine by me.

Sure, that can be setup. so to confirm: you want anyone, including
anonymous users without any login to be able to make suggestions?

In addition, I presume that if someone requests to join my language team, that request would then
be passed to me for approval, so I can make sure the applicant has needed level of language
skills, agree on style/terminology, etc.

yes, basically it is handled with pootle as well for cases where
people don't find the admin-interface for it or where the old contact
is no longer active.

ciao
Christian