Hello everyone concerned on writing Help pages

After significant amount of time spent writing and fixing Help pages
(XHP), I came to conclusion that the Help XML (XHP) is a powerful markup
but a bit too hard to master for newcomers and easy to have errors and
mistakes slipped in files. Some of its complexity are not absolutely
required so I wrote a wiki page suggesting the implementation of XHP
extensions, aiming to make life simpler for adding and reading XHP
contents textually (markup).

Please note that in any case the current markup is affected, so it will
preserve the legacy contents as well as the current translations.

For example, the new markup for 'tip' paragraph should be

<tip id="123456" xml-lang="en-US" localize="true">

so it can replace
<paragraph role="tip" id="123456" xml-lang="en-US" localize="true">

Yes, it is a trivial change but I hope it will make reading easier for all.

Handling of the XHP extensions will be in the XSLT transformation and it
will be patched accordingly, as well as the DTD, wiki documentation on
XHP, and string extractors for Pootle.

The wiki page is

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Proposed_Extensions_for_XHP

And comments are welcome, do's dont's, thumbs up or thumbs down.

regards
--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator