Hello,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 5:41 PM Dwayne Bailey <dwayne@translate.org.za>
wrote:

We really do like eliminating false positives, specifically the critical
(red) ones.  Too many false positives and people ignore tests.

+1 After clicking through several hundreds of these just to see them
reemerge a couple of week later (regardless that there were no changes in
the original strings or the translations themselves), I just gave up and
can’t blame anyone who did the same. Can we at least have a keyboard
shortcut, or a way to disable the warnings when translating offline?
Currently the only way of switching them off is ‘ctrl+down, *wait for page
reload*, target tiny button with mouse, click, *wait for page reload*,
repeat ~750 times’, not the most effective use of one’s volunteering time.
:)

that LibreOffice uses PO files.  Eliminating `("[", "]")` might eliminate a
whole class of false positive variable warnings.

+1 Especially for the case in question, I don’t see any reason not to
replace all these [Runtime] with (Runtime) or even (Runtime library) which
further clarifies the intended meaning.
Also, all examples in the Help that look like (but are not) XML tags should
probably be changed from <non-tag> to something like &lt;non-tag&gt;,
eliminating another class of false positives.

Cheers,
Mihail