(i had written this only to one address (email) , i did not see they
are several, and now i copy to all including mailing list.)

i think there are missing commas, and different words used for one
thing. it should be:

If given, the number to whose multiple the Value is rounded, else -1
or 1 depending on sign of the Value.

Hi :)
Blimey!  The OASIS description does make it a lot easier to understand.
It's still difficult to wrap my head around!  I can see why it was tricky
trying to get that down to such a short summary!  Could that original
queried summary be expanded easily?  I'd guess not but jic my guess is
wrong i think it's worth asking.  I take it that space there is seriously
limited (otherwise the original summary would have been longer, i'm sure)?

Andras' examples make it MUCH clearer, to me, than either of the
descriptions.  I think they are the only thing that could improve the Oasis
description.  Thanks Andras, that was brilliant! :)

There is another native English-speaker who joined this mailing list a
couple of years ago specifically to try to help with questions like this.
So, please don't be afraid to ask :)  This one was possibly tooo technical
but in the past we had a whole spate of ones that were much easier to
answer.  I'm not sure if it's possible to simplify the Oasis description
but if it's needed i'm sure Anne or others would be happy to help.

Good luck and many regards from
Tom :)