Hi Sérgio, *,

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 1:55 AM, Sérgio Marques <smarquespt@gmail.com> wrote:

What happened with 4.2 release? I had it on 100 % and now I have 20 words
needing attention.

Come on, don't make life so hard for admins. At least state the
language or better give concrete example.
So I have to guess it is pt project or dig in old emails to find reference.

pt 42 UI project has 30 words / 10 strings that need attention, so
that doesn't match your 20, so I'm not sure whether I'm looking at the
correct thing in the first place.
And of course if you retranslated stuff in the meantime that makes it
even harder for me to check for differences.

Can you check what went wrong. Or is this intended?

I'd love to check what went wrong, but in order to do so having a
concrete file/string that I can compare to the backup I took before
conversion is of course much easier than having to guess.

And no, there should be no change in translations. But you might have
missed one update against templates or similar. Could as well be that
there was an inconsistency in pootle's db that now showed up after
reindexing. Anyway:

for example one of the untranslated strings:
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pt/libo42_ui/translate/scaddins/source/pricing.po#search=yxV78&sfields=notes

If I compare the pricing.po before and after the backup I can see no
difference apart from the removal of the obsolete strings that were
removed from the po file. In other words: The string wasn't translated
before copying over the po files.

Also not checked in to the sourcecode, i.e. not part of LibreOffice either:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=translations.git;a=blob;f=source/pt/scaddins/source/pricing.po;hb=libreoffice-4.2.4.2#l352

(there is a second string with identical wording for
RID_PRICING_FUNCTION_DESCRIPTIONS.PRICING_FUNCDESC_OptBarrier that is
translated in both pootle and the sources though:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=translations.git;a=blob;f=source/pt/scaddins/source/pricing.po;hb=libreoffice-4.2.4.2#l109
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pt/libo42_ui/translate/scaddins/source/pricing.po#search=gp6G8&sfields=notes
)

So from what I can tell by this sample (from which I don't know
whether I'm looking at the correct thing since you didn't provide
details):
Nothing went wrong during the conversion. If libo42_ui project for pt
language was displayed as 100% translated, then this was an
inconsistency in pootle.

As
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pt/libo42_ui/translate/scaddins/source/pricing.po#search=jCwnu&sfields=notes

also is untranslated, it is a stroooooooooooooong indication that pt
project didn't run the update_against_templates after I updated
updated templates for 4.2.0rc1 - aka string freeze.

Those two strings had typo-fixes (and thus ID changes):
-#. uRahb
+#. yxV78
-msgid "Fime to maturity of the option in years"
+msgid "Time to maturity of the option in years"

and
-#. JzCxQ
+#. jCwnu
-msgid "Tower barrier (set to 0 for no lower barrier)"
+msgid "Lower barrier (set to 0 for no lower barrier)"

so again no problem with the conversion done now. When there was a
problem, then it was with the the old installation/that the update
against templates for 42 UI project after the string-freeze update did
fail/was incomplete/was not done at all.

ciao
Christian