Hi Javier,

2011/8/23 Javier Sola <lists@khmeros.info>:
I am trying to understand the logic of this.

1.- Single package for all languages + separate packs for help:

- They occupy less in the servers, because there are no complete installers
for each language.

Right.

- The installer is in English (a foreign language in most cases).

It is a multi language installer, language is automatically selected
to match the language of the operating system, but it can be
overridden manually.

- Users must install all least two packages.

No, installing help is not necessary. There is the online wiki help.

- Requires post-handling of language settings (in English, most usually a
foreign language).

No, Windows installer installs English + the language of the operating system.

Would it not be interesting to facilitate the labor of distribution by
producing packages that are easier to install by everybody (single
installers fully in local language)? For most of the people that we work
with (school teachers who do not speak English), the difference is between
being able to do it or not.

If someone volunteers to do that, it's OK. Single language installers
are still buildable, and even help can be included with little effort.
I don't think that we should produce official TDF builds for all
languages separately. But I can help you in producing a Khmer
installer, if you are interested.

Best regards,
Andras