I'll just step in.

I'm suspecting that maybe Rhoslyn downloaded
LibO_3.3.0rc4_Win_x86_helppack_cy.exe<http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/3.3.0-rc4/win/x86/LibO_3.3.0rc4_Win_x86_helppack_cy.exe>(the
localized help) and thought that it was a UI language pack. Am I
right?

If that's so, I guess that similar mistakes will disappear with a
lang-selector in the installer (I guess this will arrive, sooner or later).
Or, if such lang-selector is difficult to implement, maybe LibO_3.3 +
lang-pack + localized-help could be the way to go.

I usually dive into all options in every installer, so I installed my lang
from te very beginning. Most people will just always click "next", and
expect it to work (they already had to choose their lang in the download
page, so it seems to be a logical assumption).

Regards,
Mikel