Hi Martin,
On 29/12/2010 20:09, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
Hi, Sophie,

2010/12/29 Sophie Gautier<gautier.sophie@gmail.com>

Hi all,

So, with the help of the German team, and Jean-Baptiste Faure of the
Francophone team, I've finished to translate the manual tests page on the
wiki:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Manual_Tests

It's very light TCS that I ask you to run before the final release for your
language. Thanks in advance if you can do so.

Is RC2 planned to be THE release?

No, no, no :-) not at all.
It does not point to the localized help in
wiki, the wiki help doesn't seem to be contextual and the license displayed
in the help menu has a preamble that is getting localizable as we speak.
I believe at least RC3 and maybe RC4 may be necessary.

yes I agree, and nobody said the contrary. I'm sorry if my mail seems to say that RC2 is the final. It's only the tests that are in this state.

I would believe that if we are to OK the multilang installers they need to
have the installer language selector at the beginning of installation. If
they don't, the package can only be okayed by the English team.

I still do not understand why there are two concepts:
- OSX + Linux: download English base pack, then langpack including help
- Windows: download multilang base pack with multiple language UIs, then the
needed langpack
I would prefer if Windows would follow the first model.
If help can be on wiki, why couldn't the installer download the desired help
pack or lang pack during the installation of the main package? Wouldn't that
be the best way?

Yes, and as Andras pointed there is still issues with the multilingu install (or the build with -all languages if I understand well)

Also, I propose and hope there will be a dialog added for the first use of
online help (pressing F1 first time when help pack was not installed),
warning the user that offline help package for the GUI language is not
installed and that LO will now redirect user for help to the browser and the
LO wiki page. It should also point where the localized help can be
downloaded from if the user so choses.

Could you fill an issue for that? I'm afraid otherwise nobody will follow/answer your request. Thanks Martin for your feedback.

Kind regards
Sophie