2010.11.08 11:45, Andre Schnabel rašė:
Hi,

Von: Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai
Gesendet: 06.11.10 14:07 Uhr
Are you interested to translate extensions that could be enabled via
LibO build environment? I created a workflow to convert properties files
to po then back. Lets discuss the possibilities and if you are commited
to translate such extensions I will publis scripts, and the converted po
files.
I think, we can just ask extension developers to use our "framework" for
extension translation. Means:

- you publish your scripts
- extension developers use your scripts to create po files
- extension developers can then get an own project at our trasnaltion server
   (we need to have a look, how templates can be handeled at pootle)
- extension developers upload their templates
- our translators actually do the translation
- extension developers grab existing translations and include it in their
   extensions

Criteria for us to let them use our framework:
  -the extension must be Free Software and working with LibreOffice

Actually, assuming that "properties files" actually mean "Java .properties", there's no need to convert anything. Pootle supports .properties files internally. And in this case, filename.properties will act as a template for filename_locale.properties files.

I would probably suggest that all extensions would be stored in a subdir (of extensions/?) so that we don't end up with a really big amount of projects visible on Pootle's frontpage. On the other hand, it's probably not desired to have them all as one big project (so that e.g. updating from templates would update all extensions at once). Note to self: investigate available options.

Regards,
Rimas