Writer Guide 6.4 chapters ready for "cleaning"

All chapters of the Writer Guide 6.4 have been published and are ready
for "cleaning" by Martin or anyone familiar with his tool for doing
this.

Compiled full book will be available soon.

Jean

Compiled book is now available in ODT and PDF, in the Published folder.
Jean

Hi, Jean et. al.,

I cleaned the files with the odtclean.py script downloaded from
"English/Contributor Resources" map (uploaded 2 years ago).

I hope this is the latest script, as some styles have been recently renamed
etc. Maybe Miloš can confirm. The files seem bigger, but that might be
because of the different zipping algorithm (LO/python).

I placed the "cleaned" files in the Draft folder, in the
"Published-cleaned" subfolder to check.

Lp, m.

napisala:

When I first began working on the present Base Guide, I was translating the chapter from Base Handbuch (German). For that I needed to create clean file before translating them. All 10 of the files after cleaning were in fact bigger as you have discovered.

Dan

I have checked the "cleaned" files and replaced the ones in the
Published folder for the book.
Thanks for the quick work, Martin.
And thanks to everyone who worked on this book.
Jean

Jean

Hi Martin,

I have a newer version of the script, which should do a bit better job.
I'll upload it to "English/Contributor Resources", I did not know about
that directory.
I was unable to find the directories you have mentioned, I've checked
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/apps/files/?dir=/LibreOffice%20Documentation/English/Writer%20Guide/6.4

Milos

Hi, Miloš,

I guess the Feedback dir was emptied and Jean put my "cleaned" files to the
Published dir.

I found the old WG chapters (uncleaned) in my Trash folder, so I can upload
them somewhere for a new "cleaning" process.

Lp, m.

V V pon., 3. avg. 2020 ob 20:30 je oseba Milos Sramek <