[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Contributors' Guide
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Contributors' Guide
- From: Jean Weber <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 09:52:47 +1000
- To: Dan Lewis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: LibreOffice Documentation <email@example.com>
The "rule" about not ending a sentence with a preposition has always
been, in fact, a style choice - not a rule of grammar. AFAIK most
modern style guides do not support this "rule." (Same for several
other "rules" we were taught in school.)
On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:45 AM Dan Lewis <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This is going quicker than I thought. I have uploaded chapter 1 to the
> feedback folder. Changes logged into the guide status.
> I made one minor change concerning whether a sentence should end with a
> preposition. In high school, this was a no-no. (OK, this was 60 years
> ago.) What is the more modern thought about this?
> Samatha: I liked your thoroughness for chapters 0 & 1.
> On 7/21/20 10:46, Samantha Hamilton wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I have uploaded the Contributors' Guide, Chapter 0 (Front Matter) and
> > Chapter 1 to the Feedback folder. I have taken Chapters 2 and 3 for review
> > and will have them back by Friday at the latest. All changes are noted on
> > the spreadsheet.
> > Have a great day!
> > Sam
> > Samantha Hamilton
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|[libreoffice-documentation] Contributors' Guide||Samantha Hamilton <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Contributors' Guide||Dan Lewis <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Writer Guide 6.4 chapters ready for "cleaning"
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] CG7001-Introduction Reviewed and in Feedback NextCloud
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Contributors' Guide
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Contributors' Guide