[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Google translate
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Google translate
- From: Milos Sramek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 09:45:07 +0200
- To: Olivier Hallot <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
thank you - I will summarize the scenarios how I use the GT service, so
that others can use it, too
On 7/17/20 1:49 PM, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> HI Milos
> I fully support this initiative.
> I've brought it into the Foundation for decision.
> Kind regards
> Em 15/07/2020 13:43, Milos Sramek escreveu:
>> would it be possible that The Document Foundation sets up a Google
>> Translate (GT) account and makes it accessible to translators?
>> In translation of the Guides we use the GT service, either to translate
>> English to Czech or Slovak, or Czech to or from Slovak.
>> Quality of GT translations has significantly improved over the last
>> years, quite often such translation can be accepted without changes.
>> We use these translations in OmegaT to translate the Guides. The
>> translations are produced offline by a script and loaded in OmegaT to an
>> auxiliary translation memory, from where they can be fetched easily (GT
>> can be directly used as a service, but it is a bit cumbersome, because
>> it changes things like quotation marks, tags etc. These are fixed by the
>> GT is a paid service (not expensive, I think USD20 / 1 000 000
>> characters). I think that the service can be used also to translate the
>> help files. I is probably not useful to translate the GUI files.
>> Our experience is that such translation speeds up the translation
>> process a lot. Maybe that accessibility of such service will motivate
>> others to translate the guides or the help.
Milos Sramek, email@example.com
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|[libreoffice-documentation] Google translate||Milos Sramek <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Google translate||Olivier Hallot <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] First review of WG6421-CustomizingWriter
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Status of draft Contributors' Guide
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Google translate
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] First review of chapter 9 of the Writer guide