Documentation Team Meeting Minutes, Thursday July 16th 2020

Thursday July 16th 2020, 18:00 UTC

Presents: Samantha, Annie, Drew, Dan Lewis, Felipe Viggiano, Olivier,
Emiliano (at 20:21)

IRC chanel:
https://irc.documentfoundation.org/?settings=#libreoffice-doc

Telegram Group
https://t.me/joinchat/ALeRuUFCxyZY0wzoddldWQ

Live TDF Jitsi Room
https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/tdfdocteam

Completed items:

Pending items:
* Update Contributor Guide for e-PUB - Tabs issue

News:

Topics and Discussion:
* Welcome new volunteers
  + Samantha (Sam)
  + Annie (Annie)
  + Felipe (Felipe)
  + Glad to have a new revisor (Dan)
  + Guides are a good choice for newcomers to get used in Tech Writing
(drew)

* Chapter Template for Version 7
  + No discussion

* Covers
   + New suggestion from Robert for the Base (Drew)
   + will publish in mailing list (Drew)
      + team will select between the 2 (Drew)

* Q & A
+ Epub
   + No hifen in the bullet lists (Dan)
   + Exploring 7.0 template for epub (Dan)

+ New Books
    + Better marketing of the guides (Drew)

Hello Team

+ Introductory Presentation on TDF Doc Team for Toronto, CA LibreOffice
group - Aug 5th - virtual. Request is that presentation cover team
overview and specifically how new contributors should on-board into the
team. (Drew - Request for presentation from Marc Pare)
AI: + Will send a presentation to Drew (Olivier)

Done, with no fancy template, please fix my English errors and add any
additional pertinent contents

https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/Wz67FsGASioPnyp

regards

Good morning,

Attached is a copy of the presentation with some copyediting queries.
Nothing major, just grammatical points and parallel structuring. The
presentation had a great flow.

(Also - I hope "commenting" on a copy of the presentation was an okay way
to provide feedback; if there's an alternative way for the future, please
let me know!)

Cheers,
Sam

  Samantha Hamilton
  darling docs

  <https://darlingdocs.wordpress.com/> <https://github.com/samanthahamilton>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/shamilton-64b4b71b0/>

Howdy Sam,

The edits are much appreciated there is one problem - the mailing
list, here, does not support attachments and so it was lost.

For the moment, given that I haven't done anything with what Olivier
posted yet, the easiest way would be for you to send the attachment
again but this time to my direct email address. I'll use the changes
for the starting point.

Thanks

Drew