[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] How to handle optional steps
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] How to handle optional steps
- From: Jean Weber <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 12:28:46 +1000
- To: LibreOffice Documentation <Documentation@global.libreoffice.org>
Nesting is for substeps, not steps (whether required or optional). Item 2
below is a step, not a substep.
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 12:12 <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Here is the section I’m working on specifically:
> 1. From the Menu bar, choose *File > Templates > Save as Template*.
> The Save as Template dialog (Figure 2) opens, displaying the existing
> categories and a box for the name for the new template.
> 2. Optionally select a category, such as *My Templates* or *Business
> Correspondence*. You can also set this template as a default template
> at this time or do it later.
> 3. Click *Save*.
> I would like to nest the 2nd step into the first step since it’s
> optional, but I wasn’t sure if there was a specific protocol for it.
> *From: *Jean Weber <email@example.com>
> *Sent: *Sunday, June 28, 2020 7:29 PM
> *Cc: *firstname.lastname@example.org
> *Subject: *Re: [libreoffice-documentation] How to handle optional steps
> I’m not sure what you mean by optional steps. Could you give an example?
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 09:54 <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I was wondering how we handle optional steps in numbered lists. From the
> > style guide in the wiki, it seems I should nest them in the previous step
> > as a part of an alphabetical list.
> > Thanks,
> > Dante
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|[libreoffice-documentation] How to handle optional steps||<email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] How to handle optional steps||Jean Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] How to handle optional steps
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Base Guide 6.4 Chapter 8
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] How to handle optional steps
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Base Guide 6.4 Chapter 8