From: "Drew Jensen" <drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com>
To: "Documentation Team" <Documentation@global.libreoffice.org>
Sent: 22/06/2020 01:55:09
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] 6.4 Calc Guide

Howdy Steve,

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 4:28 PM Steve (GMail)
<stevemfanning.wh@gmail.com> wrote:

All,

The 6.4 Calc Guide is, I believe, almost ready for publication. The PDF
version is available for inspection in the relevant Published folder in
Nextcloud (CG64-CalcGuide.pdf).

If anybody wishes to have glance at the PDF over the next 24 hours then
feel free to do so; please email me if you spot any problems.

I am not happy with the front and back pages. These are SVG format
images in the .ODT file but lose something in the translation to PDF. Is
this a known effect and is there a recommended solution?

Right - if you check the PDF files from the earlier guides you find
that the covers, front and back, are 100% graphics (including the
text).
This is because the SVG source files were used to generate a PNG file
equal to the page format (A4) and that image is what is used as the
page background for the cover pages.
That is not the only way it could be done, but the SVG file itself is
not suitable for use directly in LibreOffice and you want to always
generate the graphic from that source file as a PNG for use in the
final document.

Best wishes,

Drew

One aspect of the document has not yet been reviewed by anybody and that
is the alphabetical index at the back. I would encourage any team
members to inspect this and let us know your thoughts. I hope it is a
useful addition for the intended readers of the guide but others might
think otherwise. It is straightforward to remove it before publication
if that proves necessary.

Finally, please could one of our experienced publishers advise me of the
steps necessary to actually publish a guide (beyond placing all the
files in the Published folder)?

Regards,

Steve Fanning