Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Front- and Backcover for LO 7.0

Hi!

Le 21/06/2020 à 05:57, Drew Jensen a écrit :

One final update for today - added the current text from the Base
guide back cover to the 7.0 back with a couple of changes:
URL for downloaded, changed from documentation page on main website to
extension site. Is that the correct URL?
Reworded the last sentence about downloading a free copy. (minor)
Added two paragraphs about Professional Support services to the end.

Updated https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/XkirCBX7QQqjc4p
with that change

I find the new covers to be a very important move from the v6 ones. In particular, the graphic is great and colourful.

But as the graphic first attracts view, the eye then goes to the second much contrasted item which is the version number. At that moment, the brains didn't catch what it is all about: just an image and a big 7.0 number.

All this to say that I find the actual guide names not to be prominent enough. Sure, the font type is nice and elegant (I do love it) but there's not enough contrast there.

I'd suggest having the title "boldified" and the version number "deboldified", if you see what I mean :)
At the same time, make the title font grey more blackish, while the version number could be smaller in size (was the v6 guides defect already).

Sure, the enhancement for v.6 is a big step forward and, again, I do love it. Though, the respective weights of the graphic and text items should be reworked to make important things more visible (the title!).

HTH,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux