Macro Code Colorizer

Howdy,

Following up from the meeting yesterday.

So, I was wrong about the extension using direct formatting with
regards to the extension 'Macro Formatter 4.1.1'. Using a fresh
document it did add a set of character styles and the uses those in
the formatting and colorizing process. (The only note to make here is
that it needs to have the default configuration or _OOoTextBody
changed for the paragraph style - I choose the standard Text Body and
it worked fine)

As for a second extension, 'Code Highlighter 1.6', this python
extension does not run properly in the latest versions of LO so I
could not answer the question of how it handles the document changes.

Best wishes,

Drew

back to how this started, IIRC;

Those character styles used by Macro Formatter extension are added to
the odt file when the extension is run on the author's or editor's
machine. Given that I would not include them in the Guide/Team
template.

I would add a section in the template text content about coloring
example code and point to
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en/extensions/show/code-colorizer-formatter
as the proper tool for the job. Let them know that after installing
the extension to open the configuration dialog and change the
paragraph entry from '_OooTextBody' to 'Text Body' (it will not
function until it is changed to an existing paragraph style).

There is no reason to have those character styles in a document that
has no example code, for one thing, and for another maybe the
extension is updated at some point, no reason to add an expectation as
to what those style names must be.

Drew

I agree with not having the macro created character styles added to the template. To me, the template should only contain the styles whether paragraph or character styles that are need in every chapter created using the template. When special styles are needed as in the case of chapters describing macros, they should be added to just that chapter.

Dan