Calc Error Codes Rev 1

I have completed review1 of the error codes section, and placed it in the
feedback folder.

Gordon Bates
berrykevin321@gmaill.com
github.com/jdoes

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for that. I have accepted most of the changes and placed the updated file in the Draft folder, ready for second review.

I did not accept one of the changes (in Table 2) because I'm not sure that it is correct. As far as I was aware, error 503 gives a #NUM! error in the cell, not a #DIV/0! error (unless you've come across a counterexample?).

Regards,

Steve

Yeah, the #DIV/0 might actually be a 532, huh? How do I make Calc show me
the error Code, not just the error Message?

What made me add that in there was that the explanation of that error
is " *Division
by 0*, or another calculation that results in an overflow of the defined
value range (*a value too big or too small*)."
Dividing by zero is the "too big" part of that.

I attached the spreadsheet I was using to replicate some of these errors.
The part that is relevant to this email is A2:E4

Gordon Bates
berrykevin321@gmaill.com
github.com/jdoes

Hi Gordon,

To find the error code, use the ERRORTYPE function.

For example, if the cell containing the erroneous formula is B2, then put the formula =ERRORTYPE(B2) in some other blank cell. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Steve

Thank you for catching that mistake. Yes, it is a 532, not 503.

I didnt see the =ERRORTYPE(cell-address) in the chapter- maybe I just
overlooked it. Is that something that might be able to be added in there?

Gordon Bates
berrykevin321@gmaill.com
github.com/jdoes

Hi Gordon,

I have included a suitable tip in the chapter.

Regards,

Steve