Proposal for 7.x guide template

Hello Dave
I shall check the template 6 copy I have and let you know what I find. However, that will have to wait until tomorrow when I am at my Mac mini. Your list I looks about right for any template. Only exception I can think of at the moment is that there should be Chapter Title and Chapter Subtitle instead of Title and Subtitle. Title and Subtitle were normally used for the complete book when I was writing for a living.

Regards

Peter Schofield

Hi Peter,

At the time of the final revision for the 6.x template we still had a
horribly confusing mix of OOo and LO style naming and the team
contributors agreed that we should stick with the standard names where
possible. Hence, there was no need to add new names like Chapter Title
and Chapter Subtitle, when the existing standard Title and Subtitle
styles could simply be modified to the documentation requirements.

I see the use of existing style name as being less confusing,
particularly for new contributors. Do you feel there would be any
advantage in adding new style names and asking contributors to use those
instead of the existing standard styles modified to the documentation
requirements.

Regards
Dave

Hello Dave

I was just thinking out aloud. Adding Chapter may be a way of improving cross referencing and/or using fields. It needs some thought. Suggested this because I am assembling the Draw Guide ready for publishing. I am coming across a few problems with the referencing. I need to make a list. These problems could template problems.

I will let you when I finished the Draw Guide.

Regards

Peter Schofield