LibreOffice Base Guide 6.4 or 7.0

Now that the Base Guide 6.2 has been published, I am thinking about the
next version of Base Guide. As it has been decided that we would rewrite
the complete Base Guide for version 7.0, so it would take time. Since v6.4
has got almost no change in Base, so I propose that all the chapters
shouldn't go for 2 reviews. Only the chapters with significant changes
should go for the two review system. Rest of the chapters can be just
updated by me and declared as published. They can be checked for formatting
errors if anyone wants but they should be quick.This will publish the 6.4
book quickly and would give us more time to work on 7.0 book. Another way
can be that we simply ommit the v6.4 book. I don't want to go with the
second way for a reason:- All the guides including GS, WG, CG, DG, IG, MG
are going to have a v6.4(I am not sure about the impress book). Since 6.4
is the last member of 6.x series, so it would be good if every guide has a
version 6.4. So, Even if we have no change in Base in 6.4, we should
publish it. For v7.0, I have a long plan which I will send in an seperate
email.
Pulkit Krishna

I agree with the suggestion to do a quick update from v6.2 to v6.4,
with only one review necessary.
Jean

Just a remark : as from 6.4 Access2Base may be executed from Python scripts.

I would like to add a few alineas about that at the end of the section about A2B (except if you consider that a book about macros should be limited to Basic ?).

Thanks.
Jean-Pierre

Hi

I recommend to add in the 6.4 version of the Macros chapter, a presentation
of other supported scripting languages, such as BeanShell, JavaScript and
Python. This can be copied from 'Getting Started' & 'Calc' Guides where such
content is already present.

This will introduce the addition of Acces2Base Python support that JPL
suggested.

I volunteer for Macros chapter review past the A2B addition

PS: Python parallel examples, built upon A2B or not, could be a good fit for
7.0 issue of Base Handbook

Alain H R

Yes I agree with your suggestions. We should add a little section on Python
A2B in Macros chapter of Base Guide 6.4.
In v7,0 a presentation of other supported scripting languages, such as
BeanShell, JavaScript and
Python can be copied from 'Getting Started' & 'Calc' Guides where such
content is already present.In that book I want to make a seperate chapter
on A2B in which more detailed examples and both basic and python could be
documented.
Pulkit Krishna