Question about BG6207.

The row chosen for the table heading can be taken from the column names, or the record may be written out with space left for the headings to be edited in later.

This paragraph is found on page 7, 3 paragraphs below Figure 5.

I have no idea of how I can review this as I have no idea how to do this.

Dan

Then on pages 9 & 10:

To launch the database, right-click on the database itself or on one of its tables or queries; this immediately refreshes the display in the data source browser. After that the Mail Merge Wizard can be called up by using the corresponding button.

    Data source of current document

Click on the *Data Source of Current Document*button to open a direct view ofthe table which forms the basis for the data inserted into the document. In the above example, the Persontable from the Addresses database/appears/.

I get a refreshment when I right click a query or table in the Data Source window, but what that got to do with the Mail Merge Wizard? What is the corresponding button?

The Data Source of Current Document button is a mystery to me. Am I suppose to be in Writer when I do this? This button is only suppose to be available for use when it Writer or Calc. There is some  missing information here. I have not used Mail Merge since before 2008, so I am very rusty here.

Dan

Hello Dan,
Regarding your second question:
Yes, You are supposed to be in Writer when doing this. The heading given is
Mail Merge. The chapter is linking database and mail merge is one of the
way to do this. The instructions written in the guide are clear (or rather
I will say, will become clear) except the fact the you have to do so in
writer is not given. I took it for understood that mail merge should be
done in writer only, so I didn't mentioned it. You can mention it after the
heading "Mail Merge" before returning the chapter to feedback folder.As you
say you have not used mail merge since before 2008 so either you can try
mail merge or refer to writer guide for more clearer instruction. Well, we
can also refer to writer guide there. Kindly add the reference there.
Pulkit Krishna

Hello Dan,
For your First Question:
The paragraph says that the heading of the table inserted in writer can be
taken from the field names in the database table by clicking on "Insert
table heading" and selecting "Apply column name". or you can insert a blank
row on top of the table to insert the heading of the table manually by
selecting "Create row only" after checking " Apply column name "(see figure
5). The second option is better according to me as in most of the cases,
field names can be confusing, so a different heading can be given. In this
case also, you need to be in writer or calc.
Pulkit Krishna

Hi *,

Regarding your second question:
Yes, You are supposed to be in Writer when doing this. The heading given is
Mail Merge. The chapter is linking database and mail merge is one of the
way to do this. The instructions written in the guide are clear (or rather
I will say, will become clear) except the fact the you have to do so in
writer is not given.

First row in the third chapter in German Base-Handbuch:
Datenquellenbrowser
Über den Datenquellenbrowser im Writer oder in Calc erhalten sie Zugriff
auf Tabellen und Abfragen der registrierten Datenbanken unter dem dort
angegebenen registrierten Namen.

or translated by Google:
Data source browser
The data source browser in Writer or Calc gives you access to tables and
queries from the registered databases under the registered name
specified there.

Don't know if somebody has lost this while translating the Handbuch.

Regards

Robert