FYI - LibreOffice Online on the TDF NC server supports personal templates

Howdy,

Just thought I'd pass this along for those utilizing the LOOL services.

LOOL 6.4 on the NC server allows you to setup your own template
directory which will be used when you create new documents.

To set it up:

1 - Decide which directory (folder) you want to use. I created a new folder
named 'My Templates' in my default folder and dropped the LO 6 Guide
template .ott file into it. Along with a Calc template.

2 - Go to the NextCloud settings page. Click on your avatar, upper right
corner of the screen, and select settings.

3 - Open the LOOL section.

4 - Enter the name of the folder in the text box belore: 'Select a template
directory". I entered 'My Templates'

5 - Create a new Writer document, after you give it a name and click go a
window will open with two thumbnails, one named 'Blank' which is the system
default (A4, German lang, etc) and one for the LO 6 Guide template. Just
click on the the thumbnail you want and away it goes.

Best wishes,

Drew

Thanks, Drew.

If this isn't already a part of LOOL guide (at least it seems to me), it
could be added (Chapter 3 or 8?).

As well as guidelines about finding and installing language packs for LOOL
(to support UI in other languages and the
spell-checking/hyphenation/thesaurus). Info is needed for non-English
installs (Chapter 2). Without there is little sense in localizing LOOL
guide to other languages.

Lp, m.

V V sre., 25. mar. 2020 ob 00:39 je oseba Drew Jensen <