Impress Text Toolbar

I am currently reviewing a chapter for the Impress User Guide 6.4.

Part of this chapter refers to the "Text Toolbar" which is not visible
by default. Once the toolbar is made visible it should be possible to
make 3 additional toolbar buttons visible:
* Vertical Text
* Fit Vertical Text to Frame
* Vertical Callouts

Under LO Version: 6.4.1.2 (x64 & x86) Windows and Linux (x64) these 3
additional buttons cannot be made visible and the functions they provide
cannot be accessed via this toolbar.
The issue does NOT appear in:
LO portable 6.4.1.2 or 6.3.5.2 (x86 only)
Linux Mint provided Version 6.0.7.3

I have checked Bugzilla and unless I have overlooked it this issue does
not appear to have been reported yet.

Could someone here please check if this is a real issue or just a glitch
in the configuration of my machines?

TIA
Dave

Hello Dave

Vertical text toolbar only appears if Asian languages is set in Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages. This works in :LibreOffice Version 6.4.1.2 Windows 7 and Version 6.4.0.3 in macOS. When you turn on Asian languages, you have to restart LibreOffice for it to take effect.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hi Dave,

is "Asian" and "Complex Text Layout" enabled? That is in Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages.

Kind regards
Regina

Thanks Peter,

Yes that is the fix, but I would definitely classify that fix as a bug.

Regards
Dave