LO Help files - potential improvements

Hi Olivier,

As you are aware I am doing some work collating information about Calc's
functions.

For each function, I have been comparing the syntax specified in the
Function Wizard against the syntax specified in the Help files. This
process has left me with some queries / suggestions about potential
improvements to the Help files.

Please could you have a look at the file called "Calc Functions - some
suggested improvements to Help files (batch 1).odt" that I have left in the
".../Calc Guide/Related materials" folder in Nextcloud which lists the
issues that I have noticed regarding functions in the Mathematical category.

I would like to get your thoughts about the points I have raised before I
continue this process further.

Regards,

Steve

Hello Steve

Thanks for the heads-up.

Hi Olivier,

As you are aware I am doing some work collating information about Calc's
functions.

Yes of course.

For each function, I have been comparing the syntax specified in the
Function Wizard against the syntax specified in the Help files. This
process has left me with some queries / suggestions about potential
improvements to the Help files.

Fantastic !

Please could you have a look at the file called "Calc Functions - some
suggested improvements to Help files (batch 1).odt" that I have left in the
".../Calc Guide/Related materials" folder in Nextcloud which lists the
issues that I have noticed regarding functions in the Mathematical category.

Indeed, remarkable notes on the syntax of the functions.

I would like to get your thoughts about the points I have raised before I
continue this process further.

Help must be fixed. The limit of 30 arguments is not valid anymore (I
checked for SUM() with >35 arguments) and 255 is the current limit as
indicated in the wizard.

Other issues:
these 255 arguments can be cell ranges too and Help says Numbers or
Integers.

When a function expect and integer (e.g. GCD), the calculation is
performed with the integer part of the number

For GCD, no mention that numbers must be positive.

and more...

Kind Regards