LibreOffice Base Documentation

Howdy,

I've been reading through Chapter 5 and 6 and I have a general question.

There is a number of asides in these chapters about somethings being
'unfortunate' with regards to design decisions, or open bugs, and I would
recommend all of those comments be removed, but before I mark them and put
them back in feedback thought I'd ask how others felt about that.

thanks

Drew

Added comments to file BH6205-Queries_DJ_PK_JHW_PK_20200312.odt and
uploaded to the feedback folder.

I have uploaded BG6208 to the Feedback folder. I left a comment on pg 26 where the instructions listed made it impossible for me to duplicate. A rewrite seems to be needed to made with more detailed instructions.

At the bottom or pg 26, daylight savings time was mentioned with a query that involves it. Since this begins between March 8 and 16 and then ends between Nov 1 and 7, I am not sure that the query is accurate. Such a query would be complex since the time period begins on the second Sunday of March to end on the first Sunday of Nov.

I have downloaded BG6210-Database_Maintenance for review #1. Given the size of the file, this should not take as long as I anticipated when I updated the spreadsheet.

Dan

I have reviewed Chapter 7, Linking, where I found a lot of out of date
material and some that did not correspond to what I see, or that I
could not figure out what was going on. I left a lot of comments about
what I did and what I think needs to be done. It's in the Feedback
folder, and I have updated the status spreadsheet.

I will now look at Chapter 4, Forms.

Jean

Hello Dan,
BG6208 is not in the feedback folder. Only BG6207 was in it which was
uploaded by Jean.

Pulkit Krishna

Hi Jean,

I have reviewed Chapter 7, Linking, where I found a lot of out of date
material and some that did not correspond to what I see, or that I
could not figure out what was going on. I left a lot of comments about
what I did and what I think needs to be done. It's in the Feedback
folder, and I have updated the status spreadsheet.

I don't know where I could find the documents you are working at. But
I'm interested in the "out of date material", because I have to change
it also in the original version of the Base-Handbuch.

Regards

Robert

Hello Jean and Dan,
I have accepted both your changes for chapter 7 and 8 respectively. I have
uploaded them back to draft folder. I have updated the spreadsheet.

To Dan:
I don't know about anything summer time. I have used google translate to
translate that part. There is nothing like that in India, from where I am.
Do you think that the portion is incorrect? If so, can you kindly correct
it.

To Jean:
Many of your comments were right and I have edited the content to make them
correct but some of your comment were wrong. I think you are using a later
version of LibreOffice than 6.2.8. This guide is based on version 6.2, so I
h=am using version 6.2.8 and everything is working fine for me. Base itself
has not changed much but writer and calc has changed in the recent updates.
I have kept a copy of your edited file so that it would be easier when we
are updating this guide to version 6.4.

Pulkit Krishna

I am testing using LO 6.2.8 on Linux Mint when working on this book.

Chapter 6 has been uploaded to the feedback folder
(BH6206-Reports_PK_JHW_PK_DJ_20200315.odt).

This file has 8 typos fixed and no additional comments added.

I had almost added comments on a few paragraphs that spent a lot time on
flaws in the Report Builder but, they are all still there and accurate so,
backed on that.

Drew

Howdy,

Downloaded Chapter 9 (macros) for 1st review, updated spreadsheet with
expected return on Tuesday, 17th.

Drew

Returned reviewed/edited Chapter 4 to Feedback folder. Mainly I did
consistency editing and formatting. I left one question in a comment.

I took Chapter 8, DB Tasks, for a second review. Expected return Wed
18th. Updated the spreadsheet.

Jean

Hello Everybody,
Chapter-4 Forms has been placed in the Published Folder.
To Drew:
After the first review of Chapter 9 you should take Chapter 7 for its
second review.

Pulkit Krishna

Hello Jean.
Are you done with your review.
Pulkit Krishna

Just uploaded it now into Feedback. Sorry for the delay.
Jean

Mostly just formatting and minor copyediting. One question left in file. - Jean

Chapter 8 Published. I have updated the spreadsheet.

Pulkit Krishna

Hello Jean,
You can take appendix 1 for its first review.

Pulkit Krishna

I may not have time to do any reviewing for several days. Sorry.
Jean

Hello Drew and Dan,
Are you done with your respective reviews? Both of you have mentioned 20th
march 2020 as the expected return date and today nd March 2020.

Pulkit Krishna

I have now taken Appendix A for first review. Expected return date 28 March.
Jean