link between UI translate and Help translate

Hi, Sophie and Olivier.
I told with Ilmari about it and he said to write about it to you both too.

So (it just copy&paste of our chat):

I have an idea about link between UI translate and Help translate
we have unique ID for all translatable UI elements like FgbHn
may be we'll can set up the weblate to use it in Help strings like:
"Select FgbHn - FdsaD to open file" instead "Select File - Open to open file"
and weblate itself use translated UI in Help in automate mode?
<buovjaga> @Kompilainenn you mean to avoid fuzzy translations?
it's too, but now if Andreas (for example) changed UI element from "File" to "File:" then the same need to do in Help
manually!
or it was "Line" and became "Lines and Curves"
and in UI we translate it again anyway
but in Help we should translate it else one time
it will help us in case if we translate some UI element to new Russian word without ID change
and in Russian Help it would can change automatic
and we always will be have consistent UI names in localized GUI and in localized Help
possibly we would be have it in weblate as tags like <UI_ID=RfdfD> and all translators would know that it needs just copy to its translate

what do you think?

Best Regards, Roman Kuznetsov

Hi Roman,

[...]

Thank you for your proposal. I think it's very interesting and would
help a lot. I don't know if it's technically possible in the help files.
The other thing to take into account is those who don't use Weblate to
translate should still be able to do it.
Let's discuss this with Olivier and Cloph who are much more skilled than
me here.
Cheers
Sophie

Hello, Roman,

I am not sure that will work for all languages. Also, sometimes toolbars,
keys or icons are localized in more informal way, like the status bar, Ctrl
etc. and as such are used with cases in sentences, which poses a problem
for using static stings in Nominative, at least for languages with cases.
So this is a question for the l10n list.

Also, AFAIK, the reference IDs can change when a UI/help element is
touched, so it is really not static and eternal. When a menu item would
change, its ID could change and then also the reference in the help string
would not work. I am not sure I am right, but strings' IDs do change
occasionally, as I can see in the po files.

Lp, m.