Base Handbook on the Cloud

Pulkit Krishna  has translated several chapters of the Base Handbuch into English (Base Handbook) placing them in the Draft folder on the cloud. I have decided to go with his translations rather than having both his translations and mine. So, I have deleted mine from this folder. (I still have my personal copies on my hard drive if needed.) Furthermore, I have downloaded the Preference chapter from this folder for its first review.

The spreadsheet use for tracking work on these chapters has been updated. First I entered the names of all of the chapters in the Base Handbook. I also entered my information for the first review.

Dan

I have reviewed the Preface and returned it to the cloud into the Feedback folder. It has one screen shot that needs to be updated. The styles of the chapter 6.x template were uploaded to this chapter to provide an needed style. I changed  the name of the icon set that is used in all screenshots for Galaxy to Colibre.

I have also downloaded chapter 1 of the Base Guide for its first review.

Dan

I have now uploaded chapter 1 to the feedback folder. It is going to need some if not all of the screenshots redone; Galaxy had been used for icons instead of Colibre. A couple of screenshots have some German in them. Only minor changes were made as in adding or deleting a word or two.

I have also downloaded chapter 2 for its first review. The worksheet has been updated for both these actions.

Dan

Dan, I would like to help to redo the screenshots. Where can I find English sample databases that goes with version 6.2?

/Rob

Nevermind, I forgot to look in the Supplemental Folder :slight_smile:

I will start producing the screenshots the coming week.

/Rob

I have uploaded my review for chapter 2 to the feedback folder and updated the Guide status spreadsheet. I have also downloaded chapter 3 for its first review. (This is progressing rather nicely.

Dan

I am bring this conversation back to the group because Pulkit and I need a decision from Oliver or perhaps Jean. Are we free to update version 6.2 to 6.4 after we have completed 6.2? There are at most only a few changes that need to be made. Basically these are only for the few bug fixes for Base.

Dan

I am bring this conversation back to the group because Pulkit and I need a decision from Oliver or perhaps Jean. Are we free to update version 6.2 to 6.4 after we have completed 6.2? There are at most only a few changes that need to be made. Basically these are only for the few bug fixes for Base.

Dan

I can’t think of any reason why not, and you don’t need anyone’s
permission.

Jean

Hello Dan
Absolutely free to do it. In fact, the quicker we update, the less work
to catch the gaps.