Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Changing content of FAQ Base

Drew Jensen kirjoitti 6.2.2020 klo 15.39:
On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 2:28 PM Robert Großkopf <robert@familiegrosskopf.de>
wrote:
I have tested connection to PostgreSQL for a German user:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/013
isn't up to date. ODBC-connection works here without problems with
UnixODBC. The answer doesen't give a hint which system is used, so I
couldn't find such a version here.

Well, since the only version that gave that error was the version listed I
don't know that it is not correct.
In other words, if you aren't using that old driver then this is a moot
question because you aren't getting that error.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/014
Same problem. ODBC works as expected, better than JDBC-connection. With
ODBC-connection you could input data in queries with table-alias and
datatype serial. Using JDBC-connection the autoincremented value will
only return 0.

Same situation here - the question is the problem. It is a question caused
by an old driver, one that is now deprecated.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/015
same problem as FAQ Base 13

Yes, again this is a question based on a specific driver release and a
driver that is now well past what is current.

So, overall I think the question is really;
Do we want to delete those questions as no longer being useful?

While looking at the FAQ due to all the translation work, I did delete some obsolete questions. If there is consensus, I can click the buttons to get rid of these particular items.

To answer a question in Robert's original mail, you can simply edit any FAQ article as you would a normal wiki page.

Ilmari