Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Changing content of FAQ Base

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 2:28 PM Robert Großkopf <robert@familiegrosskopf.de>
wrote:

> Hi Drew,
> >
> > Looks like folks are just humming along with the guides.
> >
> > If you could list here the questions which you see as having wrong
> answers
> > on the EN faq page I'd take a quick look and try to clean up the answers,
> > that way the folks working the guides don't have to break their stride.
> > (of if you want to use irc or jitsi to do so that would work also)
>
> I have tested connection to PostgreSQL for a German user:
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/013
> isn't up to date. ODBC-connection works here without problems with
> UnixODBC. The answer doesen't give a hint which system is used, so I
> couldn't find such a version here.

Well, since the only version that gave that error was the version listed I
don't know that it is not correct.
In other words, if you aren't using that old driver then this is a moot
question because you aren't getting that error.

> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/014
> Same problem. ODBC works as expected, better than JDBC-connection. With
> ODBC-connection you could input data in queries with table-alias and
> datatype serial. Using JDBC-connection the autoincremented value will
> only return 0.

Same situation here - the question is the problem. It is a question caused
by an old driver, one that is now deprecated.

> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/015
> same problem as FAQ Base 13

Yes, again this is a question based on a specific driver release and a
driver that is now well past what is current.

So, overall I think the question is really;
Do we want to delete those questions as no longer being useful?