Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Firebird in Base

Hi *,

> From what I know, the default setting of switching to Firebird and
> automatic migration process on loading any embedded hsqldb was reverted
> back to only being activated if the experimental features were first
> activated in LO preferences, essentially because there are (still) too
> many unresolved issues with the migration process.

Could confirm this and the answers of Drew.

Too many bugs would appear during the migration to Firebird.
Too many bugs are in a fresh created embedded Firebird database.
At this moment embedded HSQLDB works much better and wouldn't be
replaced by Firebird.

By the way: All the difference between Firebird an HSQLDB is written
down in the Base-Handbook. Every SQL-example has been tested also with
Firebird and the special Firebird-Code has been added.

Regards

Robert
--
Homepage: https://www.familiegrosskopf.de/robert