[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Firebird in Base
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Firebird in Base
- From: Robert Großkopf <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 18:01:12 +0100
- To: email@example.com
> From what I know, the default setting of switching to Firebird and
> automatic migration process on loading any embedded hsqldb was reverted
> back to only being activated if the experimental features were first
> activated in LO preferences, essentially because there are (still) too
> many unresolved issues with the migration process.
Could confirm this and the answers of Drew.
Too many bugs would appear during the migration to Firebird.
Too many bugs are in a fresh created embedded Firebird database.
At this moment embedded HSQLDB works much better and wouldn't be
replaced by Firebird.
By the way: All the difference between Firebird an HSQLDB is written
down in the Base-Handbook. Every SQL-example has been tested also with
Firebird and the special Firebird-Code has been added.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|[libreoffice-documentation] Firebird in Base||Jean Weber <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-documentation] Re: Firebird in Base||Alexander Thurgood <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Libre Impress Chapter 2. - in draft folder
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Access to nextcloud
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Firebird in Base
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Getting Started Guide, Chapter 4 (Writer)