[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Firebird in Base
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Firebird in Base
- From: Drew Jensen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 23:34:03 -0500
- To: LibreOffice Documentation <Documentation@global.libreoffice.org>
To follow up on that .
Downloaded 7.0 alpha and it is the same as 6.4 for now.
The migration assistant offers the chance to review a wiki page with
information about it, at
Which thanks mostly to Robert G. I believe has lots of good information
On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 11:18 PM Drew Jensen <email@example.com>
> I can only pass on what I see in 6.4 right now.
> On fresh install
> - HSQLdb is still the default, but Firebird is available
> - Opening an hsql based file does not trigger the migration assistant
> Turn on Experimental features:
> - Firebird becomes the default engine.
> - connecting to an HSQL based base file will trigger the migration
> -- this includes opening the HSQL based base file in any way, mail merge,
> from the beamer window and vie the Base GUI.
> Best wishes,
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 11:09 PM Jean Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Release notes and related blog posts for Base 6.x say Firebird Embedded is
>> now the default, and DB files created using HSQLDB should be migrated to
>> Firebird. A Firebird Migration Assistant is mentioned. I’ve seen nothing
>> more about this (I may not be looking in the right places) and wonder how
>> much should be said in Getting Started Guide chapter on Base. Please
>> advise. Thanks.
>> To unsubscribe e-mail to:
>> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|[libreoffice-documentation] Firebird in Base||Jean Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Firebird in Base||Drew Jensen <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Firebird in Base
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Getting Started Guide for LO 6.4
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Firebird in Base
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Firebird in Base