[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-documentation] Backporting a patch that breaks string freeze
- Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Backporting a patch that breaks string freeze
- From: "Ming H." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 04:26:10 +0800
- To: "documentation" <email@example.com>
Dear documentation team,
I am writing about backporting a patch to 6-4 branch that breaks string freeze. The patch is about a new feature in 6.4, "Full-sheet preview/export" in Calc , specifically about how it's shown in the "PDF Options" export dialog.
Recently there was a bug report (#129714, ) that asks for changing the current wording "Full-sheet previews" as the feature also covers exporting to PDF, and describing it as "previews" may be misleading. After discussion the wording change to "Whole sheet export" has been decided and the patch was applied to git master on January 11th.
Since this is a new feature in 6.4, I feel first introducing it one way and then changing the name right next release would be a disservice to users. So I propose to backport it (just the renaming patch, the feature is already in 6.4) to 6-4 branch and have it consistent from 6.4.1 release and on (6.4.0 is too close for such changes).
Of course this breaks the string freeze, I already asked l10n team and got a tentative approval (see thread starting from ). I checked the online help documentation for 6.4  and 6.5 , and found this feature not documented yet except for a screenshot of the dialog. So I believe this change won't affect documentation team much and hope you don't have any objections.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|[libreoffice-documentation] Re: Backporting a patch that breaks string freeze||"Ming H." <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Math Guide
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Bump Math Guide from 6.2 to 6.4 ?
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] modifying default for date in calc
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Backporting a patch that breaks string freeze