[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] ODF formats
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] ODF formats
- From: Drew Jensen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 09:51:37 -0500
- To: LibreOffice Documentation <Documentation@global.libreoffice.org>
The ODF v.13 has been released by OASIS as a specification.
OASIS is not the actual standards authority, that would be ISO
(International Standards Organization).
So at the moment the v1.3 specification is available for implementing
vendors to work with and test.
That is reason, to be the best of my knowledge, why it is an option in this
release but not the default yet.
On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 3:52 PM Stephen Fanning <email@example.com>
> I have noticed a cause of potential confusion in the Tools - Options -
> Load/Save - General dialog page.
> On this page the user is able to select the ODF format version.
> (1) The default setting is the option "1.2 Extended".
> (2) The menu also contains an entry entitled "1.3 Extended (recommended)".
> (3) Below the selection menu is a note which reads "Not using ODF 1.3
> Extended may cause information to be lost".
> So we appear to be defaulting to an inferior option.
> Is this desirable or should it be considered for change (there may already
> be a bug that I haven't found yet)?
> If it isn't to be changed, what should be stated in the Getting Started
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|[libreoffice-documentation] ODF formats||Stephen Fanning <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] modifying default for date in calc
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] modifying default for date in calc
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] ODF formats
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] modifying default for date in calc