[libreoffice-documentation] ODF formats

All,

I have noticed a cause of potential confusion in the Tools - Options -
Load/Save - General dialog page.

On this page the user is able to select the ODF format version.
(1) The default setting is the option "1.2 Extended".
(2) The menu also contains an entry entitled "1.3 Extended (recommended)".
(3) Below the selection menu is a note which reads "Not using ODF 1.3
Extended may cause information to be lost".

So we appear to be defaulting to an inferior option.

Is this desirable or should it be considered for change (there may already
be a bug that I haven't found yet)?

If it isn't to be changed, what should be stated in the Getting Started
Guide?

Regards,

Steve