Calc Keyboard Shortcuts

All,

As I mentioned in a previous email, I have done some work to collate a list
of known Calc keyboard shortcuts, detailing the discrepancies between the
software and the Help files. This is in the form of a reasonably large
Writer file containing tables, which can be found in NextCloud (.../Calc
Guide/Related materials/Calc Keyboard Shortcuts (windows only) v2.odt). As
the file's title suggests, I have only considered the Windows shortcuts so
far, ignoring Linux and macOS.

This work seems to indicate signficant mis-matches between what the system
provides and what is documented in the Help files.

I am happy to do the work necessary to identify the changes necessary to
align the relevant Help files and Calc Guide chapter with the implemented
shortcuts (in Windows, Linux and macOS).

Does anybody have any relevant thoughts before I embark on this task?

Regards,

Steve Fanning

Hi Stephen,

LibreOffice has a setting in Tools > Options > Calc > Compatibility to switch between "Default" and "OpenOffic.org legacy" key binding. The shortcut for cycling through to absolute/relative type of a cell reference is F4 in "Default" and "Shift+F4" in "OpenOffice.org legacy", for example.
So you need to examine, whether a shortcut is wrong in both modes or is only valid in one mode. In latter case the table should point to the corresponding shortcut in the other key binding.

Kind regards
Regina

All,

Following up on this email from a few weeks ago, I have started collating a
more comprehensive list of the implemented shortcuts across operating
systems so that we can raise bugs on the Help (if required), update books,
etc.

Regards,

Steve

All,

I have collated a set of shortcuts found in Calc (across Windows, Linux and
Mac OS) and produced a report which can be found in the
*LibreOffice%20Documentation

English > Calc%20Guide > Related%20materials* folder within NextCloud -

file name *Review of Calc Shortcuts (Issue 1)_27Feb2020_SF.odt*.
This document lists all the shortcuts that are identified on the buttons in
the Menu bar and all the shortcuts that are listed in the Tools > Customize

Keyboard dialog. In the case of Windows and Linux, I have exercised the

majority of the shortcuts and verified their functions.

I have however struggled verifying the functionality of some of the
shortcuts with a Mac (its hard doing so using a virtual Mac without a
suitable keyboard). If anybody has some time on their hands and a Mac to
run the system on, then perhaps they could help?

I will further update the document when I have time to incorporate any
other shortcuts that I can discover from the help files or other sources.

Regards,

Steve