Understanding Calc keyboard shortcuts

Olivier,

I came away after yesterday's team meeting thinking that I understood, but
I was wrong!

There appear to be a significant number of shortcuts described in the Help
files that should not exist according to the list of Calc shortcuts to be
found in Tools > Customize > Keyboard. I have included a list of such
shortcuts at the bottom of this message.

Is there a technical reason why these shortcuts are described in the Help
but are not listed in the Tools > Customize > Keyboard dialog? Am I missing
something?

Regards,

Steve

The list is:

   - Alt+Enter
   - Alt+Enter+Shift
   - Shift+Ctrl+Enter
   - Ctrl+Enter
   - Alt+Page Up
   - Alt+Page Down
   - Ctrl+ ` (the ` key is located next to the "1" key on most English
   keyboards)
   - Ctrl+F1
   - Shift+Ctrl+F4
   - Shift+F7
   - Shift+Ctrl+F11
   - Alt+Right Arrow
   - Alt+Left Arrow
   - Alt+Shift+Arrow
   - Shift+Tab
   - Alt+the underlined character in the word "Row"
   - Alt+the underlined character in the word "Column"
   - Alt+the underlined character in the word "Data"
   - Alt+O
   - F6
   - Shift+F6
   - Ctrl+3
   - Ctrl+4
   - Ctrl+6
   - Ctrl+7
   - Ctrl+8
   - Ctrl+F6

Olivier,

A further update on this issue is that I have identified over 50 keyboard
short-cuts that are identified in the Tools > Customize > Keyboard list but
do not appear to be described in the Help files. I have a list but have not
attached it to this email to avoid information overload.

I'm now even more confused!

By the way, I forgot to mention in the first email that I'm only looking at
the Windows installation at the moment - I've yet to delve into the Linux
and Mac equivalents.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Stephen,

Olivier,

I came away after yesterday's team meeting thinking that I understood, but
I was wrong!

There appear to be a significant number of shortcuts described in the Help
files that should not exist according to the list of Calc shortcuts to be
found in Tools > Customize > Keyboard. I have included a list of such
shortcuts at the bottom of this message.

Is there a technical reason why these shortcuts are described in the Help
but are not listed in the Tools > Customize > Keyboard dialog? Am I missing
something?

The list in Tools > Customize > Keyboard contains mainly those commands, for which a corresponding .uno:foo exists. But some shortcuts have an effect without uno-command.

When you look at the meanings, you will see it, e.g.
Alt+Enter -->Fills the marked cell range with the content of the input line.
F6 -->Brings LibreOffice into accessibility-mode "without mouse".
Shift+Ctrl+Enter -->Turns the formula in the input line into an array formula.

An additional problem are shortcuts, which do not work generally, but depend on keyboard, e.g
Strg + ÷ --> Marks the range of a matrix formula, but works only with ÷ from the number pad.

Kind regards
Regina

Hi Olivier,

I have done some work to collate a list of known keyboard shortcuts,
detailing the discrepancies between the software and the Help files. This
is in the form of a reasonably large Writer file containing tables and so
I'll send you this file separately without trying to get the information
onto the mailing list.

Please could you have a look at it and let me know what you think we should
do about this issue?

Regards,

Steve