Compiling a book using master document

The user guide chapters have a conditional section containing the copyright
and table of contents pages. These sections are hidden when the full book
is compiled using a master document.

When we produced the Getting Started Guide, I discovered a major problem
resulting from this combination of master document plus hidden sections. I
don’t recall what the problem was, just that it was serious. (I’ll look for
my note with details after I get home tomorrow.) I solved the problem by
manually post-processing the book to remove the hidden sections from the
file.

I mention this to remind everyone that compiling a book using a master doc
may be “automatic” but the result isn’t necessarily good.

Jean

Hello Jean

Yes I remember that you raised the flag and it was circa Feb, March
2017, but I could not find exactly what issues you had to deal that made
your mind to compile the book the old way.

I also think that if the master document book assembly has issues, they
must be addressed and reported to development.

(And, for what else a master document serves for?)

Kind regards
Olivier

I’ll try to put together a sample set of files and make a bug report.