Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Descriptions of Calc Functions

Hi Steve

Em 26/11/2019 10:52, Stephen Fanning escreveu:
> All,
>
> I am putting the finishing touches to an updated version of Chapter 18 of
> the Calc Guide (Description of Functions) and a question occurs to me.
>
> At the moment we seem to have at least four user-level descriptions of the
> 500 or so functions offered by Calc. These descriptions are contained in:
>
> (1) The Function Wizard;
>
> (2) The Help files;
>
> (3) Chapter 18 of the Calc Guide;
>
> (4) The wiki.

(5) The ODFF standard:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/OpenDocument-v1.2-part2.html

> Are there any linkages between these sources of information, apart from
> humans copying and pasting chunks of text around? Has the possibility of
> using a single source approach ever been considered?

A single source of information is possible but its usage in several
medium 'automagically' seems a gold dream, for the time being.

Cheers
--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator