Base Handbook

I have just finished translating all of the text documents for this user guide. I had allowed myself to stop work on this project because the way I wanted to do it became too complicated and confusing as is trying to do too many things at one time.

Next to be done is to edit all 13 documents one at a time. While doing this, I will also make changes in the example databases as my editing takes me to where each database is discussed. Some of the terminology that I will be using is that is in use in the US. I also plan to replace people's names so that they are American. I hope to get this done by the end of the year. Since I will not be celebrating anything in December either, I should be able to get this done. The only thing that may prevent this is my having to learn things about Base that I did even know is possible. (I have yet to study a book on macros that made any sense to me.)

Last month, my tower started quitting after only a few minutes, so I bought a new laptop. Well, I got it about 11 years ago. So, I should be able to be on the next meeting on December 4 a 1 PM (-0500).

I am not ready to upload any of these files until I have made this first edit. Perhaps I should also make some suggestions as to what the Guide Status is for this should look like. I know it should contain all of the text documents, the example databases, and other examples files. But what about the procedures that occur even before the translation begins?Examples are creating clean files, replacing Caution/Note/Tip, and change the style names from German to English.

Dan

Dan! Wonderful to hear from you with good news about progress on the Base
Handbook.
Jean