Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Calc functions not described in the Help system

Olivier,

Thank you for that information. I didn't previously know about META bugs
and was also interested to find 108827 (META for the Calc Functions).

As you are probably aware, I'm currently working on Chapter 18 of the Calc
Guide (Description of Functions). This is a somewhat bigger task than I
imagined but that's ok, I'm battling through it.

In working through this chapter I have found a range of problems with the
Function Wizard and the (built-in / online) Help pages. These fall into
three rough categories:
(1) Cases where the Help system doesn't address a function (see earlier
email). An obvious knock-on in these cases is that the Help button on the
Function Wizard won't work sensibly for these functions.
(2) Cases where although the Help system does include a function's
description, the Help button on the Function Wizard doesn't appear to be
linked to the correct item in the Help system.
(3) Cases where there are inconsistencies between the description of a
function in the Help system and its implementation in the Function Wizard.

I suspect the most efficient way for me to proceed is to carry on updating
the chapter and at the end of my task, raise all the problems / bugs /
inconsistencies in one go. At that point I'll try to avoid covering
problems that are already in the system (e.g. the inclusion of OPT_
functions in the Help).

Does that make sense?

Regards,

Steve