[libreoffice-documentation] Re: My latest book about LibreOffice Writer

Le 20/10/2019 à 07:34, Mark LaPierre a écrit :

Mark,

> No one has been able to produce a working copy of a BASE project that I
> can download and examine and/or use as a template to develop my own.
> I've asked for that several times with no response.  The BASE handbook
> is a great primer on basic DB design concepts but practically useless
> when I comes to actually building a working DB using BASE.

Are you sure you're looking in the right place ?

What about Robert Grosskopf's embedded databases :

https://www.familiegrosskopf.de/robert/index.php?&Inhalt=office

Look in the sidebar to see the various DBs he has made available. I see
at least 6 sample DBs for download from which to learn, or just outright
copy ;-)

- Media management DB
- billing / invoice creation DB
- address / contact DB
- association DB
- appointment / scheduling DB

plus a whole range of others under Beispieldatenbanken to download :

https://www.familiegrosskopf.de/robert/index.php?&Inhalt=base_beispiele

I would add that there is a fully functional DB extension known as
Canzeley, available here :

https://canzeley.de/

which is often also available pre-packaged for certain Linux distribs.

Alex