Re: [libreoffice-documentation] My latest book about LibreOffice Writer

On 10/18/19 8:18 PM, Jean Weber wrote:
You may be interested to know that I've updated my book on
self-publishing using LO Writer. I'm selling it through Lulu, but I'm
also making the PDF available free (donation requested) on my website.
http://www.taming-libreoffice.com/my-books/

Jean

Hey Jean,

That's great news. Now if only someone could write a useful book on getting Libreoffice BASE to do anything but lock up and die. I've tried several times to make a simple recipe DB, first with an external MySQL back end, then with it's own internal files.

No one has been able to produce a working copy of a BASE project that I can download and examine and/or use as a template to develop my own. I've asked for that several times with no response. The BASE handbook is a great primer on basic DB design concepts but practically useless when I comes to actually building a working DB using BASE.

Please don't take my comment as disparaging the fine work that the Libreoffice team has done. I love Libreoffice and I install it on all my friends machines when given the opportunity. I'm just very disappointed with BASE.

--
_
??v??