Calc Guide Chapter 12 - Calc Macros

I am updating this chapter for LO 6.2. The chapter currently focuses on LibreOffice Basic and does not mention any other scripting language.

However LibreOffice currently supports four scripting languages - LibreOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, and JavaScript.

Should this chapter include some mention of Python, BeanShell, and JavaScript? If so, at what level?

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve

We can't describe macro programming in these languages, but I think it
worth to mention a couple of pages, especially python and javascript.

The page

https://help.libreoffice.org/6.3/en-US/text/sbasic/python/main0000.html?DbPAR=BASIC

has a good content to summarize python macros (scripts).

The Javacript sample macro in Tools - Macro - Organize macros -
javascript can help you in writing a section on javascript. You will
recognize the XSCRIPTCONTEXT object that is common to all programming
languages in LibreOffice

On a two-way road, a Guide page on javascript macros can source Help
pagens on the same subject.

Kind regards

Olivier