[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-documentation] connecting directly to MySQL
- Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] connecting directly to MySQL
- From: Dan Lewis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 09:06:53 -0400
- To: email@example.com
I use LO 188.8.131.52 and MySQL Connector/J to connect to my MySQL database with no problem. My authentication method is Standard which is what MySQL used for their 5.x servers and clients.
However, I am not able to connect directly to my MySQL database. For this, I have installed a second instance of LO 184.108.40.206 following the instructions contained on the LO website. Furthermore, I modify the bootstraprc file so it points to a new configuration folder (Direct). When I first run this instance of LO, it creates a new folder in .config/libreoffice/. (I use Ubuntu 18.04.) I open the Base Wizard and select MySQL to connect to my database directly (two steps). I enter the database info and click Test Connection. I get an error message: can't initialize character set unknown (path: compiled_in). As others seem to be able to connect directly (I think), is it possible that my failure to do so is caused by my selection of Standard as my authentication method? Should I change this to the method introduced with the first MySQL 8.0.x? Or, could there be another explanation?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|[libreoffice-documentation] Re: connecting directly to MySQL||Alexander Thurgood <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Calc Guide, Chapter 9, Data Analysis
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: connecting directly to MySQL
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] User guide chapter development workflow
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: connecting directly to MySQL