[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Icon Set for Guides
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Icon Set for Guides
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 15:43:49 +0200
- To: Olivier Hallot <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
Thanks for the information.
In my opinion however it is very useful to use icons and toolbars in the guides.
Because pictures are more clear than text.
And without them the guides would be less interesting to read.
Besides, icons are in the screenshots too.
But I think it would be good to be consistent in using icon sets.
Olivier Hallot schreef op 10.08.2019 13:38:
We discussed that in one of our doc meetings (5/29/2019), and opted to
avoid using icons and tolbars in the Guides for this reason. For command
descriptions, better refer to the menus.
The issue on icons and toolbars are real:
- We have several icon sets
- The default icon set depends on the operating system
- Toolbars can change the user interface dramatically, e.g Notebook bars
- Toolbars can be customized
+ References to toolbars icons shold be de-emphasized
+ icon theme issues
+ hard to insert icon in text
+ breaks paragraph layout smoothness
+ depends on toobar customization
+ Mention toolbar with no icon specific
+ mention context menu
+ Context menu is a set of commands available to the selected
I think it is valid to *rewrite* the parts that refers to toolbars and
Em 10/08/2019 06:31, firstname.lastname@example.org escreveu:
Reviewing "Introducing Draw" I notice that Vipul updated icons and that
icons diver from what I see.
Of course icons are depending on the Icon Set you use. For the
consistency it is best for all to use the same Icon Set for the Guides.
I can’t find anything about it in the Guide Template. Are there
agreements about which Icon Set to use for the Guides?
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|[libreoffice-documentation] Icon Set for Guidesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Icon Set for Guides||Olivier Hallot <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Icon Set for Guides
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Icon Set for Guides
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Icon Set for Guides
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] How can I access drafts of documents?