[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-documentation] Re: Off-topic - bouncing email reports?
- Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Off-topic - bouncing email reports?
- From: Dennis Roczek <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 07:12:51 -0700 (MST)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
(if you want an answer from me, keep me CC'ed as I'm not subscribed to this
All three links you found are basically correct.
About redmine: If you have any account at a service which is run by The
Document Foundation (TDF) then you can use the same credentials as we have
finally a "Single-Sign-On"-server.
Back to the original topic:
Basically this happens because especially Yahoo was modifying their mail
servers a few years (?) and thus do now enforce the "DKIM" protocol, sadly a
bit too harsch (so removing mails instead of warning) which basically kills
all mailing lists. So saying: if a user posts to a mailing address from a
Yahoo; the mailing list software correctly forwards this mail to everybody
subscribed, but sadly some email providers do check if the so-called
envelope to the mail address fits to the original sender and if the
enveloper is allowed to.
There is nothing TDF can do here. As an example I do know: The Apache
Foundation changed the Address from Yahoo.com to Yahoo.com.INVALID to
suppress such behaviors.
Hope this explains a bit this situation.
(part of the admin team)
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Documentation-f1645240.html
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Off-topic - bouncing email reports?||Caroline Carlisle Tidwell <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-documentation] Off-topic - bouncing email reports?||"Luke (gmail)" <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Off-topic - bouncing email reports?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] REMIND: Documentation team call is today at 18:00 UTC
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Off-topic - bouncing email reports?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Off-topic - bouncing email reports?