[libreoffice-documentation] Re: Off-topic - bouncing email reports?

Hi Luke,

(if you want an answer from me, keep me CC'ed as I'm not subscribed to this
mailing list)

All three links you found are basically correct.

About redmine: If you have any account at a service which is run by The
Document Foundation (TDF) then you can use the same credentials as we have
finally a "Single-Sign-On"-server.

Back to the original topic:
Basically this happens because especially Yahoo was modifying their mail
servers a few years (?) and thus do now enforce the "DKIM" protocol, sadly a
bit too harsch (so removing mails instead of warning) which basically kills
all mailing lists. So saying: if a user posts to a mailing address from a
Yahoo; the mailing list software correctly forwards this mail to everybody
subscribed, but sadly some email providers do check if the so-called
envelope to the mail address fits to the original sender and if the
enveloper is allowed to.

There is nothing TDF can do here. As an example I do know: The Apache
Foundation changed the Address from Yahoo.com to Yahoo.com.INVALID to
suppress such behaviors.

Hope this explains a bit this situation.

Best regards,

Dennis Roczek
(part of the admin team)

--