Issue in Translations:Documentation/HowTo/MigrateFromHSQLDB/36/da

Hi

In the paragraph mentioned above, I have a problem with the sentence: CONCAT as well as the combination with '+' can already be linked with '||' be replaced.

I find it difficult to understand -- and to analyse. My translation of it into Danish is hardly understandable. Could you please rephrase or explain the meaning to me.

Kindest

*Steen Rønnow*   +45 2217 9414
Gl. Aalborgvej 14
(DK-)8800 Viborg

Hi Steen,

In the paragraph mentioned above, I have a problem with the sentence:
CONCAT as well as the combination with '+' can already be linked with
'||' be replaced.

I find it difficult to understand -- and to analyse. My translation of
it into Danish is hardly understandable. Could you please rephrase or
explain the meaning to me.

I will try it with examples:

SELECT "Forename", "Surname" FROM "Persons"

will show one column for the Forenames and one for the Surnames of the
table Persons. It works in HSQLDB and Firebird.

SELECT CONCAT("Forename", "Surname") AS "Name" FROM "Persons"

will show Forename and Shurename together in one column. Will be shown
like 'RobertGroßkopf' without a space. It works in HSQLDB, not in Firebird.

SELECT "Forename" + ' ' + "Surname" AS "Name" FROM "Persons"

will show 'Robert Großkopf' with a space in one column. It will work in
HSQLDB, not in Firebird.

SELECT "Forename" || ' ' || "Surname" AS "Name" FROM "Persons"

will do the same as last example. It will work in HSQLDB and Firebird.

Regards

Robert

Hi Steen,

In the paragraph mentioned above, I have a problem with the sentence:
CONCAT as well as the combination with '+' can already be linked with
'||' be replaced.

Have had a look at the English text there and corrected it a little bit:

Hi Robert

Thanks for both your answers:

The first assuring me that I understood the procedure, and in particular the
second which solved my problem.

And in particular: Thanks for for the better wording ofthe HowTo.

Kindest

Steen Rønnow
DK

Robert Großkopf wrote