Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Issue in Translations:Documentation/HowTo/MigrateFromHSQLDB/36/da

Hi Steen,

> In the paragraph mentioned above, I have a problem with the sentence:
> CONCAT as well as the combination with '+' can already be linked with
> '||' be replaced.
>
> I find it difficult to understand -- and to analyse. My translation of
> it into Danish is hardly understandable. Could you please rephrase or
> explain the meaning to me.

I will try it with examples:

SELECT "Forename", "Surname" FROM "Persons"

will show one column for the Forenames and one for the Surnames of the
table Persons. It works in HSQLDB and Firebird.

SELECT CONCAT("Forename", "Surname") AS "Name" FROM "Persons"

will show Forename and Shurename together in one column. Will be shown
like 'RobertGroßkopf' without a space. It works in HSQLDB, not in Firebird.

SELECT "Forename" + ' ' + "Surname" AS "Name" FROM "Persons"

will show 'Robert Großkopf' with a space in one column. It will work in
HSQLDB, not in Firebird.

SELECT "Forename" || ' ' || "Surname" AS "Name" FROM "Persons"

will do the same as last example. It will work in HSQLDB and Firebird.

Regards

Robert