Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Calc Guide, Chapter 6, Print Export Email Sign

Claire,
Comments inline.

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 2:23 AM Claire Wood <clairedwood@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone, here are my suggested changes to Chapter 6 of the Calc Guide:
>
> Calc Guide Chapter 6, Controlling Printing
> Page 6
> A screenshot would be helpful

Page 6 is full of screenshots. What extra one do you think it needed?

> Defining & naming, Page 11. This section needs to be tested by someone
> else. I couldn't get the Add button to work.
>
> Deleting a named print range, page 12, Figure 12.
> The screenshot would be best placed after it is referenced, not a page away
> because it's difficult to follow otherwise.

When a screenshot does not fit on a page where it is referenced, it
goes in the next available place. This is not ideal, but otherwise we
waste a lot of space. One can argue that this doesn't matter in a PDF,
but this book will also be printed.

> Page 13 - Figure 13 should be moved to where it is first referenced, as
> stated for Figure 12.

I agree on this one, as there is room on the page.

> Page 17, Setting Headers and Footers
> Step 2 - there's an extra key stroke on Go. Please delete the "t" at the
> end of the word.

Good catch! Thanks.

> Page 22, Links page of PDF Options dialog
> Convert document references to PDF targets
>
> Shouldn't the file types referenced be in a Code format e.g. Courier New so
> they easily stand out and are easier to read?

Perhaps. I don't think a change of font helps.

> Page 22, Links page of PDF options dialog
> Export URLs relative to file system
>
> Shouldn't the reference to the Help file stand out a bit more as a cross
> reference?

Thanks. I missed that one when updating the character styles. I
suspect a lot of style updates got overlooked.

> Page 25, Digital signing of documents
> Second paragraph
>
> The words "kind of" change the meaning of this paragraph. I recommend to
> remove, there is either a checksum or there isn't.

I agree. In fact, I'd like to find a better term than "checksum" but
can't think of one.

> Page 26, Digital signing of documents
> Last paragraph.
>
> Shouldn't the cross reference to Digital signatures stand out a bit more?

Agreed. Another missed character style. Thanks!

> Page 28, Removing personal data
> 2nd bullet
>
> Shouldn't the "Apply user data" be in bold? It's describing an option and
> can be easily missed when reading.

Agreed. Another missed character style. Thanks!

Jean