Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Calc Guide, Chapter 6, Print Export Email Sign

Hello, team.

I am running off of the Calc Guide Published 29 December 2013. Based on
LibreOffice 4.1 and Version: 6.1.5.2 (x64)
Build ID: 90f8dcf33c87b3705e78202e3df5142b201bd805
CPU threads: 6; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL;
Locale: en-US (en_US); Calc: CL

I made my editorial notes below in the email. I tested this stuff on
Windows and Linux both OS from the location in the USA.

Regards,
Caroline

On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 at 12:24, Claire Wood <clairedwood@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone, here are my suggested changes to Chapter 6 of the Calc Guide:
>
> Calc Guide Chapter 6, Controlling Printing
> Page 6
> A screenshot would be helpful
> *-I have a screenshot in this section*
>

> Defining & naming, Page 11. This section needs to be tested by someone
> else. I couldn't get the Add button to work.

*-I can define a print range on one OS, but I can't seem to Name a
recurring print range. Insert > Names > Define and Insert > Names > Manage
do not exist. I have Insert > Named Range or Expression. I tested this one
on two operating systems with the same menu selections.*

> Deleting a named print range, page 12, Figure 12.
> The screenshot would be best placed after it is referenced, not a page away
> because it's difficult to follow otherwise.

*-GREAT question! This concept is very frequent in the marketplace as some
people still print and it depends on the View on the screen for the
non-printing people (some people have two pages on one screen or two
screens to view several pages, but not everyone has this luxury equipment).
I think each page should not start with a screenshot (as it seems like it
is missing the context of the written instructions). Please forgive me as I
am new to this group, do we have a set standard on this one?*

> Page 13 - Figure 13 should be moved to where it is first referenced, as
> stated for Figure 12.
> *-This concept relates to the above section idea. If we make this change,
> then the reference guide increases in length. Is there an Instructional
> Designer who might comment on these two ideas (see above listing and this
> one)?*
>

> Page 17, Setting Headers and Footers
> Step 2 - there's an extra key stroke on Go. Please delete the "t" at the
> end of the word.

*-Confirm this edit - strike the t.*

Page 22, Links page of PDF Options dialog
> Convert document references to PDF targets

Shouldn't the file types reference be in a Code format e.g. Courier New so
they easily stand out and are easier to read?

Page 22, Links page of PDF options dialog
Export URLs relative to file system

Shouldn't the reference to the Help file stand out a bit more as a cross
reference?

Page 25, Digital signing of documents
Second paragraph

The words "kind of" change the meaning of this paragraph. I recommend to
remove, there is either a checksum or there isn't.

Page 26, Digital signing of documents
Last paragraph.

Shouldn't the cross reference to Digital signatures stand out a bit more?

Page 28, Removing personal data
2nd bullet

Shouldn't the "Apply user data" be in bold? It's describing an option and
can be easily missed when reading.
*- Apply user data is in bold*
--
Best wishes