[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-documentation] Fw: Re: LO Calc - Question About Solver Engines
- Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Fw: Re: LO Calc - Question About Solver Engines
- From: "Steve Fanning" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 14:40:44 +0000
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Following a discussion during yesterday's team call, I emailed the developers to see if anybody could shed any light on the relative merits of the two solvers provided in Calc 6.2.
For information, I am forwarding the response from Kohei Yoshida which contains a useful link to a paper comparing various open source linear program solvers (including the two that we provide, lp_solve and CoinMP).
------ Forwarded Message ------
From: "Kohei Yoshida" <email@example.com>
To: "Steve Fanning" <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com
Sent: 27/06/2019 12:58:10
Subject: Re: LO Calc - Question About Solver Engines
On June 26, 2019 at 5:02 PM Steve Fanning <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Is it possible for a developer with appropriate knowledge to provide me with some indication of why a user might want to use one engine in preference to the other? Are there circumstances in which one is likely to perform better than the other?
I for one did not do any sort of fair comparisons, but I found the following paper which may help:
You can skip to the conclusions on page 33 to get the summary of their comparisons. CLP == CoinMP as far as I can tell.
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice Calc volunteer hacker
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] LibreOffice Impress PDF export anitations
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Calc Guide Chapter 11 - 2nd review finished
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] LibreOffice Impress PDF export anitations
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Calc Guide Chapter 11 - 2nd review finished