From: "Kohei Yoshida" <libreoffice@kohei.us>
To: "Steve Fanning" <stevemfanning@yahoo.co.uk>; libreoffice@lists.freedesktop.org
Sent: 27/06/2019 12:58:10
Subject: Re: LO Calc - Question About Solver Engines

Hi Steve,

On June 26, 2019 at 5:02 PM Steve Fanning <stevemfanning@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Is it possible for a developer with appropriate knowledge to provide me with some indication of why a user might want to use one engine in preference to the other? Are there circumstances in which one is likely to perform better than the other?

I for one did not do any sort of fair comparisons, but I found the following paper which may help:

https://prod-ng.sandia.gov/techlib-noauth/access-control.cgi/2013/138847.pdf

You can skip to the conclusions on page 33 to get the summary of their comparisons. CLP == CoinMP as far as I can tell.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice Calc volunteer hacker